Workshops

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Visual Journaling: Making a Journal

Saturday was Part I of my Visual Journaling: A Life Collage series. In it, eight women spent all afternoon at Stampin' Cat Studio getting messy and learning a little book binding. The women started by learning a paper-decorating technique I learned from Diane Havnen-Smith of Innerstandings in Portland. After a dancing, shakin' break (and a few snacks), they got busy with the binding part. By the end of the day, they had each made a delectable, beautiful hand-bound journal!










Here are views of the completed journals:












Even the debris was colorful!


And, a thank you to my dear husband, Howard, who faithfully tears all the large sheets of paper into sizes usable in our journals!

4 comments:

gl. said...

did... you... label each of those water bottles... individually? whoah. also, you've discovered the trick to bookmaking: having someone tear the paper! :)

Dayna Collins said...

Naw, Gretchin, I just tied one of my business cards around the NECK of each water bottle!

Shelly said...

Awesome journals !!! I am definitely coming to play with you next time I am in Portland !!
:-)
Shelly

gl. said...

i bow to your superior branding ambitions. :)