Workshops

Friday, February 27, 2009

I'm in Aweaaaaahhhhhhawwwwww


It's one of those phone calls I dream of receiving. It goes something like this:

"Hey Dayna, it's Jamie and know you do a lot of collage and classes. I'm getting rid of some papers and I would like to give them to you. Also, I have a bunch of other stuff that you can have for $20 if you're interested."

My reply? "You betcha!"

And it wasn't a dream . . . .

I met Jamie several years ago when she was teaching an altered book class at Stampin' Cat Studio (the studio where I teach so many of my classes in Salem!) I remember that Jamie shared generously of her supplies and her artistic talents. We've stayed in touch mainly through e-mail, usually when one of us had a show or something going on. Jamie is the Jamie of Jamie Moffett and Off the Hook Studios. Go take a peek at some of her amazing artwork (and listen to the cool music she has playing on her blog).

We have been trying to connect for a couple of weeks now, but one of us was always rushing off to work or heading out of town. Today we connected. When Jamie arrived, she said she needed me to help her carry the two BOXES from her car. Ummmmm . . . . boxes?


Jamie and I chatted for a while, Jamie eyeing the goodies in my studio. We agreed that we liked the same kinds of things and agreed that if you're a collector like we are, you know it and understand it, and oftentimes other people just don't get it. We agreed to stay in touch, and she suggested I join the Keizer Art Association (I did this afternoon, Jamie!). Not long after she left, I dug into the boxes. (Insert oohs and ahhs right here - then see why.)










(And I haven't even gone through the large heavy box of ephemera shown above . . .).

3 comments:

Anji Gallanos said...

Holy smokes!! what a find. You'll be busy busy for a while.

Have fun

anji

gl. said...

ooooh! aaahhhh!

Destree said...

what fun play things....why on earth was she getting rid of all that great stuff???