Workshops

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Playing Catch Up


This photo about sums it up - I've been a busy grandma. But for the record, none of my grandkids call be grandma. Here is what I answer to: five-year old Jackson calls me Whammie D, four-year old Luke calls me "just a little bit crazy Bam," 2-1/2 year old Emmett calls me Wa-me, and 2-1/2 year old Ella calls me Bammy (and sometimes Bam-a-lang-a-ding-dong). Last weekend we headed up to Tacoma to spend the weekend with our oldest daughter, Melissa, and to babysit Luke and Ella. Here is Luke (and this is what 4-year olds wear when they choose their own clothes).


I did see some handcuffs on my daughter's desk (I didn't ask), but then Luke came out dressed like this and it all fell into place. (And in case you're wondering what's on his forehead, it's his third eye. Oh yeah.)

As a way to help out Melissa during a busy time in her life, we brought Ella back to Salem with us for the week (yes the WEEK). Here she is chatting it up with her Mom on our three-hour drive to Salem.


Then, on Sunday evening, our other daughter Amy and grandson Emmett, arrived for their two-day a week stay. Ella and Emmett had quite a day on Monday. They started with a splashy bath, followed by cuddling in bed . . .


Then a little naked reading on the couch . . . .


We even managed to make a trip to the Gilbert House Discovery Village.




On Tuesday, it was time to paint the Paperclay heart valentines that Emmett and I had made last week. Out came the paint (pink and purple for Ella, red for Emmett). They painted for a total of, oh, about three minutes . . .


. . . . before they both started to paint themselves!

So you can see why I am behind in my blog posting! And it's only Wednesday . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG they are ADORABLE Dayna! You are a COOL erhm Bama LOL

I guess I'm going to be a "g-word" again so if you have any influence with your Higher Power please send up a little prayer.

gl. said...

your kids & grandkids are so lucky to have you as their whammie! i don't know how you do it, but i'm sending you some extra energy, patience and composure this week. :)