Workshops

Monday, February 16, 2009

Weekend Adventure


On Friday afternoon, we returned our granddaughter, Ella, to her mama in Lakewood, Washington. Then on Saturday, we set out for Astoria to visit my parents. We decided that rather than travel on I-5 for the fourth time in one week, we would head down the Washington coast. We took a right at Olympia and headed for Aberdeen, then took a left and wound our way south. Along the way, here are some of the sights we saw . . .








When we arrived in Astoria, we were lucky enough to land smack dab in the middle of Astoria's second Saturday Art Walk. We scuttled over to Lunar Boy Gallery (one of my favorite galleries) so we could see Jesse Reno's exhibit. Yowsa! It was great. We also slipped in to the Astoria Coffee House for a fabulous Stumptown latte - then it was time to skeedattle to my parents as that was our destination and it was my Mom's birthday!

On the short drive to my parent's place, this is the rainbow we were lucky enough to see!

For dinner, we dined at Gunderson's Cannery Restaurant, located on one of the piers.

My beautiful Mom - 77 years old!

All of us: Howard, my Mom, me, and my Dad!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful mom! Next time you're in Astoria I hope you'll visit Riversea Gallery & check out my work there :)

Dayna Collins said...

Ruth, I love Riversea Gallery! It is one of my favorites, too. I will definitely look for your work next time we are in Astoria. Usually we stop in, but we were running late this time around . . .

gl. said...

sounds like a fun trip, dayna (and i love lunar boy gallery). happy birthday to your mum!