We started with two naked dress forms, one for me and one for her, our Forme de robe project.
Back in February Vicki and I exchanged our forms with each other. Here I am lifting the skirt of my dress form before I hand it off to Vicki.
I got my dress form back from Vicki last week. Vicki did a few modifications and told me I should finish it with whatever else I wanted. Vicki painted the top knob a beautiful iridescent gold, added gold shimery fabric to the base, and added a very cute bow tied in the back.
It did need more and the first thing I did was get rid of the red bodice, it just wasn't working. I painted over the red with titan buff, but that wasn't right either, so I ended up painting it black. I didn't like the jeweled trim anymore, so I covered it up. I added wings (of course), then added zingy wire sprigs at the top and around the base. I also sewed on word coins along the hem of the skirt. I couldn't stop myself! And so, I give to you, my Forme de robe (with touches of Vicki sprinkled in):
The beautiful rose trim was a snippet of ribbon that I purchased while we were in Italy. It turned out to be the perfect finishing touch for my project.
Here is my dress form in her new home (she's resting on a French music band card I discovered at a little shop in downtown Salem).