Workshops

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cherish


Transformation. That was the title of a recent post where I revealed what I had done to Vicki's dress form in our two person swap, which began in February. I received my altered dress form back from Vicki last week.

We started with two naked dress forms, one for me and one for her, our Forme de robe project.


To my dress form I painted the bodice red, glued down some sparkly trim, and added a multi-layer flouncy skirt.


Back in February Vicki and I exchanged our forms with each other. Here I am lifting the skirt of my dress form before I hand it off to Vicki.


I got my dress form back from Vicki last week. Vicki did a few modifications and told me I should finish it with whatever else I wanted. Vicki painted the top knob a beautiful iridescent gold, added gold shimery fabric to the base, and added a very cute bow tied in the back.


It did need more and the first thing I did was get rid of the red bodice, it just wasn't working. I painted over the red with titan buff, but that wasn't right either, so I ended up painting it black. I didn't like the jeweled trim anymore, so I covered it up. I added wings (of course), then added zingy wire sprigs at the top and around the base. I also sewed on word coins along the hem of the skirt. I couldn't stop myself! And so, I give to you, my Forme de robe (with touches of Vicki sprinkled in):





The beautiful rose trim was a snippet of ribbon that I purchased while we were in Italy. It turned out to be the perfect finishing touch for my project.

Here is my dress form in her new home (she's resting on a French music band card I discovered at a little shop in downtown Salem).


PS Vicki is in charge of our next swap - I can't wait to see what she comes up with!

No comments: