Workshops

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Transformation


Back on February 1st, I did a post entitled Forme de robe. I wrote about my idea to do a two-person swap of a simple papier-mâché dress form with my friend Vicki.



We each took a naked form and then got together later in February at Vicki's Portland place, where we exchanged our arted up forms for the first round. Here we are holding our own dress forms.


And then, me with Vicki's dress form.


Vicki's dress form nestled safely in a box of sheer fabric for the ride back to Salem.


I set about transforming Vicki's dress form with touches of me . . . and ta da! here it is transformed and ready to fly back to Vicki.





I'll be getting my own dress form back later today. I can't wait to see what Vicki did to my form . . .

3 comments:

Bobbie said...

The wings and red jewels were wonderful adds and the best are the antenna's~how totally clever!!! You always seem to know just the right added touch! What a fun project~excited to see what has become of yours!!

Carol Wiebe said...

Very pretty! It's a lovely thing to do with, and for, a friend. My sister and I made "sister angels" together and it was a very meaningful experience as well.
http://silverspringstudio.wordpress.com/2009/02/15/see-my-articles-in-fibre-stitch-7-and-quilting-arts-38/

Rose Curtis said...

Gorgeous for sure! Where did you find the dress forms?