Workshops

Friday, April 3, 2009

Bring on the Whimsical Creatures


Day Two at Artfest: Myth and Mystery, taught by Karen O'Brien. It was a day of collage, paint, and images - layering, discovering, revealing. Here's the creation process in photos:










At the end of the day, Howard and I had another delicious meal in Port Townsend, this time at one of the local Thai restaurants. Then, it was off to Fort Worden for Artfest's Vendor Night. Howard bought three pieces of art from Mary Beth Shaw, the woman I'll be taking a class from on Saturday! Here's Howard and Mary Beth.

We ran into Diane Havnen-Smith while we roamed around and Diane was kind enough to show Howard some of her great post card art.

It was another great day!

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Ooooh, I know you are having a blast !!
Fabulous, fabulous work . . . the ram's head piece is awesome !!

Look forward to seeing more.
:-)
Shelly

Gerri said...

Beautiful work (as usual). Looks like SO much fun Dayna!

Destree said...

I love it love it. Great colors....

Lani Gerity said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and seeing all your photos here just brings it all back. What fun! And isn't Lynn Parella just a sweet heart?
I'm off to make some art right now.
I'm wondering how to make my sleepy east coast fishing village a little more artful and BRAVE!!!
Thanks again,
Lani