Workshops

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Artist's Way: Recovering a Sense of Identity


Last night was the second meeting of my newest Artist’s Way Creative Cluster and we gathered to discuss what we had read from Julia's book, how Morning Pages have been going, what we did for an Artist’s Date, and then we got to do a little creative play. On the iPod was Amelia and her After All CD. Our shoes were off and we enjoyed herbal teas and gingerbread cookies from Trader Joe's.


For the weekly reading from Louise Hay’s Meditations to Heal Your Life, I chose Affirmations since I had encouraged everyone to come to our group with a personal affirmation. Here is what Louise has to say about them:

Every single thought I have and every sentence I speak is an affirmation. It is either positive or negative. Positive affirmations create positive experiences, and negative affirmations create negative experiences. If I continually repeat negative statements about myself or about life, I only keep producing more negative experiences. I now rise beyond my old habit of seeing life in a negative way. My new affirmation habit is to only speak of the good I want in my life. Then, only good will come to me.

While I was preparing for our session last night, I thought of the woman who carved the way for my own Artist’s Way journey in the fall of 2005. That woman, Gretchin Lair of Scarlet Star Studios in Portland, guided me through the Creative Cluster process and I just want to stand up and shout THANK YOU, GRETCHIN, for opening my eyes, softening my heart, and gently guiding me to a new way of life.


Oh, and here is Sinatra, who joins us every week for a little cuddling and a nap. Here she is reclining on The Artist's Way.

1 comment:

gl. said...

oh, gosh. *blush* thanks, dayna. of course, you've taken that and RUN with it. so now you're MY role model! :)