Workshops

Friday, September 3, 2010

Viva La France


Yes, it's true, I'm heading to France. For a month. I've never been (although two of my kids have gone). A couple of years ago Howard and I spent a month in Italy, so we're doing the same kind of trip where we go for long enough to immerse ourselves into the culture. We leave tomorrow afternoon, so today has been a day of tying up loose ends in preparation for our departure. I plan to blog our way through France, the same way I blogged our way through Italy (with occasional guest blogging appearances by Howard). Today I closed up the studio for the month and made arrangements to have the plants watered.



We've been kinda packing throughout the week, but began putting things in our suitcases last night (including Howard).


I got our travel books together and my walking shoes. (And for all of you who were horrified that I was only taking one pair of shoes, you will be pleased to know that I have finally succumbed to pressure and will be taking an extra pair. So there.)


I also figured out which books I want to take for pleasure reading. I picked out a new one at the bookstore (The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane).


And two back-ups (in case the first one sucks or if I get through it during our 12 hours of flying).


And of course I'm taking this book, cause you know what I plan to do as much as possible . . . .


I'm only taking one pair of earrings, the ones that Tabor made especially for me.


And then of course I'll be taking my sketchbook, which will double, make that triple, as a travel journal and watercolor journal, as well as a place to add all sorts of pre-sorted images as well as collected ephemera.




So I hope you'll check in regularly and take this trip to France with us. We'll be staying in the following towns and cities: Honfleur (Normandy and D-Day Beaches), Chenonceaux, Sarlat, Carcossone, Arles, Vaison la Romaine, Antibes (aka the French Riviera), and Paris -- of course we'll be visiting all kinds of cities and villages besides these from the north of France to the Mediterranean in the south. We'll be travelling by car, canoe, boat (bigger than the canoe), bicycle, Metro, bus, and train. I'll be meeting up with an on-line friend who is travelling from London to meet me! I'll also be getting together with one of my daughter's friends who now lives in Paris. I'll report on the flea markets I visit, the junk I find on the ground, and anything crazy and out of the ordinary I discover. It should be a lively adventure and I'd love to have you come along.



Oh, and I just have to share that Stewart, Sam's sweetie pie, has told Howard that he will take care of the law practice while we are away. Stewart had some new signs made up and some publicity photos of him with the new signs. I know Howard feels like he is in good hands.




5 comments:

stephanie brockway said...

Well I can now rest easy that
1. you have a second pair of shoes!( phew,) you had us worried. And
2. You have Stewart, "biker at law" covering for "Howie" LOL
ox can't wait to ride along with you
steph

Caterina Giglio said...

congratulations! how exciting for you, I cannot wait to read your posts!! have a great time!

Herm said...

Have a great trip to my favorite country and especially to PARIS!!!!

Ruth Armitage said...

Ooooh I can't wait to ride along! Thanks for taking us with you :) I'll look forward to your posts.

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

I was just in France. Have an amazing time :) take lots of pictures!

Also let me know how the books are, always looking for a good book.