Workshops

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Blogging in the Alley at Carcassone


We arrived in Carcassonne in the Languedoc region of Southern France on Friday night. We were staying inside the walls of the medieval fortified city, known now as La Cite. We found our B & B, Chambres L' Echappee Belle, got settled, and took Rick's advice to do a night walk.







When I woke up on Saturday morning, I grabbed the camera and snapped this photo.


Our B & B was lovely.






Our host, Joanna, was efficient. Check out was 10:00 a.m. and promptly at 9:50 Joanna asked if I was finished on the computer. We politely gathered our things and moved to the alley in front of the B & B. So while sitting on the ground, I finished one blog post and got started on another before my laptop battery gave out. And that's why there are photos of me sitting on the ground blogging in an alley.



A little ramble through the old cite. Definitely a tourist trap, but worth the brief visit.











I found a cemetary right outside the cite walls and just had to go in . . .






We left early on Saturday afternoon for Collioure on the Mediterranean Sea. We definitely need a vacation from our vacation!

2 comments:

stephanie brockway said...

Just had to add....that nightime castle stroll,looks quite exquisite.
Also you deserve a blogging award for your "alley post" cute photo of you! :o)
steph

Destree said...

I love watching how your look evolves during your travels...it's like watching France make its' mark on you and Howard. Beautiful!!