Workshops

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Stuff For My Studio Yard Project


I had lunch with my friend Hazel last week and she mentioned she had a few items she thought I might be interested in (she's been to my studio and she knows what kinds of things I'm interested in -- pretty much anything!). Hazel is a powerhouse of a woman, working tirelessly in the Salem community to make it a culturally exciting place to live. Hazel spearheaded bringing a carousel to our Riverfront Park, was active in refurbishing the historic Elsinore Theatre, was instrumental in getting an old railroad bridge over the Willamette River converted to a pedestrian walkway, and is now the driving force behind the developing Oregon State Hospital Mental Health Museum.

So today I popped over to Hazel's historic home in the heart of the Court-Chemekta Historic District (I met Hazel when we used to be neighbors) and here is what we managed to load into my car:







Thanks, Hazel!

1 comment:

lynda Howells said...

oh boy..do l wish l lived near you.We definitly have the same taste in "stuff" l am very jealousxlynda