Workshops

Monday, February 22, 2010

Studio Fence Project: The Beginning


I moved into my studio last summer and have had plans to fix up the back yard ever since. Then winter settled in, so I decided I would wait until spring to begin the renovation. It isn't really spring, but we've had a run of beautiful, sunny, warm weather so I got the bug to at least begin what I've dubbed the Studio Fence Project. Howard gathered up a bunch of hanging supplies (chain, screws, nails, drill, metal strapping tape) and I gathered up my parents so my Dad could lend a hand. Last Sunday was the designated day and we began the process. I kept dragging more and more stuff out of my little storage shed, so much so, it became a joke if I disappeared. We had a great day, and Destree even popped over and helped for a bit. The fence isn't done (I haven't even put up the croquet balls!), but it's a beginning . . .


















Here's the view from my backyard window:


Next up? Some bark dust, river rock, and a row of doors along the unseen chain link fence. I'm also planning a window pane paint party - wanna play? Whoa baby, this is fun!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE IT! you KNOW i do!!!:)

vicki

Bobbie said...

I love that your Dad got to play!! He must be so proud of you (does he know you have a fan club?). I'm deloading, so I just might be one of your window pane paint party goers!

Carol said...

Dayna-- what a glorious canvas-- lovely! And good job Howard and dad!

Unknown said...

Dayna this is so COOL I can barely stand it! I have to show my husband and get him started. He loves yard art, and we have one UGLY plain fence surrounding our digs. Thanks for the inspiration!

lynda Howells said...

l want your studio..so coolx. I live in a flat in Putney now and l really miss the studio's l had, where ever l lived all over the world. As you can guess, London is not cheap place to try and find a studio.
Your studio looks fantastic and just like you..so full of fun and giggles. I have never met you but somehow l know you!Hope that doesm't freak you outxlynda