Workshops

Friday, February 12, 2010

Portland Play Day


I attended my first meeting of the Portland Art Collective yesterday. It was held at the Multnomah Arts Center in Multnomah Village, which is located just outside of downtown Portland. The meeting was great, yes, a meeting can be great. There was some business, of course, but the rest of the meeting was spent doing show and tell (yep, just like in kindergarten). The other fun thing we did was a Valentine exchange. Everyone had made a Valentine (some were cards, most were not!), then we put our names in a paper bag and drew out someone's name. Here is the Valentine I made (using techniques I will be teaching in my new class, Think Outside the Tin).




I received a Valentine from Suzie Wolfer. It was a beautiful card with a 3-D heart (you can't quite tell from the photo that the heart was elevated).



After the meeting, most of the women walked across the street for lunch at the Lucky Labrador Brewing Company. By the time lunch was over, it was only 1:15, so Tory, Steph, and myself decided to do a little meandering. We made it to an antique/junk store (unfortunately or fortunately, we all like the very same things, so it was kind of comical to watch us spy and grab for the same items), a clothing store (ooolala, what a store), and then a bakery I don't remember the name of. It was a great day and we have another outing planned - but the next time, we're aiming for an entire day, none of this half day stuff.

2 comments:

Karen D said...

looks like a fun time was had by all!!

Herm said...

Dayna, I'm glad you joined the Portland Art Collective, they are a very creative group, hope to see you at their shows.