Workshops

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Once Upon a Time . . .


. . . is the theme for ArtFest 2010. ArtFest is an art retreat held in Port Townsend every March. There are usually several swaps that artists host and I signed up for two: Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) and a Fatbook. I participated in both of these swaps last year at ArtFest and with a theme of fairy tales for this year's retreat, I sure didn't want to miss out.

For the Artist Trading Card swap, I created 32 cards and in return, I will receive 30 cards from 30 different artists. ATCs are 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 miniature pieces of art and here's how mine were created:








My Fatbook pages were also created around the theme of Fairy Tales. For this swap, I made 53 pages, all of the same thing, which were sent off yesterday to the hostess. The hostess will then take all of the pages she receives and make Fatbooks out of them -- my book will contain 50 pages of art from 50 different artists. It will be a wonderment of chunkiness (in fact, Fatbooks are also known as Chunky books)! The front of my pages are the little circus girl (with a glass bauble on her face) and the back of the book is the jolly guy with a band of glitter above his head. A little bundle of ribbon attached to the side, and viola! my pages were complete.







With these two swaps out of the way, I was able to check off a couple more projects. I think it's time to revamp my Projects board for the next quarter . . .


1 comment:

Caterina Giglio said...

well great! I will get to meet you in person!I have not signed up for swaps, but I will make some kind of swap to give out! xo