Workshops

Monday, March 16, 2009

Collage Up a Storm



One of my favorite places to purchase art and reuse supplies in Portland is SCRAP (School and Community Reuse Action Project). SCRAP describes itself like this:

Established in 1998, the School and Community Reuse Action Project is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that inspires creative reuse and environmentally sustainable behavior by providing educational programs and affordable materials to the community.

SCRAP recently relocated from N. Mississippi to 2915 N.E. Martin Luther King Blvd. Before I write about the class I taught there on Sunday, here's a glimpse into the glorious abundance of the store:




On Sunday, I had the privilege of volunteering to teach a workshop at SCRAP, something I haven't done in about a year. This was my first time teaching in their new location, and althought it wasn't quite ready for offering workshops, we made the best of our slightly dusty space. The class I taught was a new one I have developed, Collage Up a Storm. Everyone was given a dress pattern to get some texture onto an 8 x 10 canvas board as a base layer, and then the fun began!



Here is what the seven workshop participants created in only two hours!







2 comments:

Shelly said...

What a glorious mess of paints and goodies !! Some really great projects from the ladies. Great colors and textures.

A little blog award for you, my dear, over at mine. Take a look when you have a minute.

:-)
Shelly

gl. said...

neat. i haven't seen scrap's new space yet: what do you think?