Workshops

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Close-up: St. Vincent de Paul in Tacoma





One of our early stops was a new place to junk: St.Vincent de Paul Thrift Store in Tacoma. Melissa's friend, Dana, knew of this place from when she was an art student at PLU and needed to find items for her assemblage sculptures. The store was pretty cool (stay tuned), but the best part was the outdoor section referred to simply as "The Yard." It was a rainy day, so we didn't spend too much time out there, but you can bet I'll be returning the next time I visit Melissa!






I found plenty of cheap treasures inside the store, too . . .


But the very best score had to be the tiarra I found, which once belonged to Miss Washington Teen 2000! Now why would someone ever get rid of their tiarra?

2 comments:

gl. said...

now that -is- a find!

Destree said...

I can see you wearing it while you do the dusting!