Workshops

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Friendly Blog Award


I've been nominated for another blogger award! This one came from my blogger friend Shelly, who offers up the beautiful Paper Mischief blog. Shelly and I met at Art and Soul last fall, and have become blogger buddies, reading each others blogs and cheering each other on. Thank you, Shelly, for thinking of me. Okay, back to the award. Here are the guidelines that go with the Friendly Blog Award:

These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these kind writers.

Aww, shucks, Shelly. Thanks.

The requirement that goes along with accepting this award is that I pass the award on to six other bloggers. Ummm, that's tough because there are so many beautiful blogs and talented artists out there. But here goes, here's my list:

1) Laura is new to blogging, but check out her nice blog, Studio 332 (and you get to listen to some wonderful music while visiting!).

2) Anji is someone I've met through blogging and she is so gracious to read and post frequently on my blog. I'm appreciative of her dedication and she definitely meets the criteria of this award. So get thee to her lovely blog, On Ruby's Hill.

3) I've only recently discovered the blog of Randi Feuerhelm-Watts, but I found her because she posted on my blog after running into her name on my blog (is that confusing, or what?). I had mentioned her in a blog post because my Visual Journaling class had used her book of cards as inspiration on a journaling night. When I went to Randi's blog, I was all atwitter at the funky beauty of it. So now I know you're going to want to check out Randi.

4) One of my favorite blogs as well as favorite artists, is Katie of Joyously Becoming. Katie is just a beautiful woman in all ways and it is reflected in her blog.

5) A friend of Katie's and a very talented artist, is Judy Wise. Her blog is called the same, Judy Wise, so hop on over and get your fill of bright, vibrant, juicy colors.

6) My last nomination goes to a local artist who has a gallery/store in Salem, the Mary Lou Zeek Gallery. I only found out recently that Mary Lou has a blog, Mary Lou Zeek Gallery, so please check it out and leave Mary Lou a comment . . .


There you have it, my six nominees for this award. I've had a fun afternoon revisiting some blogs I haven't visited in quite some time.

No comments: