Workshops

Thursday, July 29, 2010

On the Road Again . . .


I'm heading for the Oregon Coast tomorrow morning for seven glorious days at Cascade Head, more specifically, Sitka Center for Art and Ecology. Although the class I'm taking at Sitka doesn't start until Monday morning, Howard and I are heading out early to do a little beachcombing, relaxing, and maybe a bit of hiking (or not).

The class? Painting With Natural Forces: Sand, Sun and the Tides. The instructor is the talented Judy Vogland -- I was lucky enough to take this class a few years ago and I'm thrilled to be taking it again. We'll be working large, so the car is packed to the gills with five big canvases. On some I'll be putting sand (yes, sand, so stay tuned for more about the process) and on the others will be collage. BIG BIG BIG! Today was packing day (and a wee bit of playing) at my studio. Thank heavens for a class supply list to keep me on track!



Time to load up the canvases.

1 comment:

Tory Brokenshire said...

Sitka is such a beautful place to take classes I'm looking forward to seeing what you come home with.