Workshops

Friday, January 1, 2010

#400: Happy New Year!


This is my 400th blog post! On New Year's Day 2010! I feel accomplished and proud of myself. I also feel compelled to share a couple of things on this first day of the New Year. One of the things I want to share is my home office, the place where I do my blog posts, keep up with e-mail, maintain my calendar, and prepare for my art classes. My office is a a small little room tucked off of our main living area. Come take a peek . . .













For the past few days, I've spent a lot of time in my little home office. I've been preparing for two upcoming classes (both are FULL). The first is my The Artist's Way: Walking in This World 10-week session (I blogged about this a couple of weeks ago, about how I was having trouble getting a full class, well that has obviously changed . . .). I've been having a lot of fun planning what creative activities we will do each week, and I also have a few surprises for the six ladies who will be joining me on Tuesday nights beginning next week.



The other class that is coming up is my Create A Vision Board. I have planned for a full day of activities. We will be spending time identifying and setting intentions for the new year, and then have lots of time for creating a collaged board representing those intentions. The participants will be receiving some advance assignments to help them get focused on what they want to accomplish during our time together. My goal for the day is to create a safe and sacred space, one filled with candles and music, relaxation and breathing exercises, a shared lunch, and of course, the creation of a beautiful Vision Board. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the process of preparing for a new class.


The point of power is always in the present moment. Louise Hay


5 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

great post Dayna, love your home office and the hearts on the silver platter are gorgeous! cat

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 400 posts. I'm trying to think of anything I have done 400 times for pure enjoyment and am not sure I can. You have such a zest and tenacity for life, you are an inspiration. I love you.

Bobbie said...

400...WOW!! You continue to be such a HUGE source of inspiration ~ You are just one big splash of everything good there is about life!

Unknown said...

I found your blog today and I love it!! will be back often!!

gl. said...

i love to see your space, dayna!