Workshops

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Walking in This World: Discovering a Sense of Proportion


Tuesday night our creative project was sort of like an episode of CSI as the ladies struck a pose on a large piece of butcher paper and in pairs, drew each other's outlines. I did this activity a few years back with my mentor and art hero, Gretchin Lair, at Scarlet Star Studios in Portland - she called it creating a Life-Size Self Portrait. I also have some art books that describe this exercise as Body Contouring or Body Drawing. Whatever it's called, it's fun.










The completed body art.







3 comments:

Linda Jo said...

What fun!!!!!! Love it...may have to give that a try. Thanks for commenting on my blog!

gl. said...

this is still one of my favorite exercises. i love how you've paired it with the word "proportion"!

lynda Howells said...

This a fun exercise but it can also be one to aid healing. I often use this exercise with any clients that have had abuse in their lives and also anorexic clients.It was great for me to see it being done for fun..way to go girlsxxlynda