Workshops

Monday, October 12, 2009

Moonrise Sunrise


My oldest daughter Melissa works for the Tacoma-Pierce County YMCA at their Lakewood branch and last week they hosted a fund-raiser entitled Y Arts Week 2009. Melissa said the event was for "professional and emerging artists, hands-on activities, childrens' artwork, and professional musicians." Melissa asked if I would be willing to donate something for the show and sale. Since I didn't have time to create something from scratch, I decided to donate two pieces I had started earlier in the year while at ArtFest. The class, Spontaneous Intent Clayboard, was taught by Mary Beth Shaw and I wrote about the class and the process in an earlier post. I spiffed up and finished the two pieces and told Melissa to put a price of $50 each. Last Friday, the day after the event, I asked if they had sold. Here's Melissa's response:

Yes, your artwork sold! One of your biggest fans bought both of them and she has the perfect spot to hang them in her house!!!! I love your work!!!

My dear daughter purchased both pieces . . . and the YMCA has an additional $100 in their coffers.



No comments: