Workshops

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Art Exchange!


One of my blogging buddies, Kim of Merlin's Musings (in Australia!), recently left a post on my blog and asked if I wanted to be part of a mail art exchange. I thought it sounded fairly easy, so I said I would like to participate. When Kim sent me the details, it turned out to be more of a chain letter type of affair, only it was called an Art Exchange. Fortunately, it only required that I send a small piece of art to one person and then for me to invite six others to join in. I found six arty friends who wanted to play, mailed them the info to get them started, and today I sent off my art to Alicia, a woman in Portland whose name was at the top of the list I received.

Since I have more art projects in the works than I have time to do them, I decided I would send Alicia a goodie bag of little art pieces. All of the things I chose are things I have made for trades at either Art and Soul or Artfest. Here is what I sent off - a Bingo Babe, two Inchies, and a Be Bold magnet.

This was fun! If all goes according to plan, I will be receiving 36 pieces of art in the mail.





No comments: