Workshops

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Dia de los Muertos - Portland Style


I was invited to participate in Guardino Gallery's  6th annual Day of the Dead Show, opening October 25th and running through November 18th. This is a huge honor because 1) all of the cool kids participate, and 2) it is curated by Stephanie Brockway and she always does a bang up job.


The opening night festivities will be held on Thursday, October 25th from 6-9 pm (Last Thursday on Alberta Street) and I know that Stephanie has some special things planned. I'm posting way in advance of the opening because I won't be around for all of October, which also means I had to finish my pieces early.

I auditioned several possibilities during September . . .

 
. . . and ended up with these pieces, which will be in the show.


Molly may or may not make an appearance (she's hoping she does).


I was working on this one right up until it was time for me to submit my pieces, but I didn't have quite enough time to get it finished. Hopefully it will make an appearance in one of the December shows I'm in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! I really love creepy old dolls in art! I wish I could have seen into the future and saved my old, scary looking baby dolls!! Jen K.

Unknown said...

Fantastic pieces! Can't wait to gaze upon them at Guardino.