Workshops

Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend Booty




It’s Monday so it must be time to post what I discovered on my meanderings over the weekend. If you like looking at what I find in these junking excursions, you won’t be disappointed (I certainly wasn’t!). I struck out on Saturday afternoon after a last minute change in our plans. I first took myself to Alberta Street in NE Portland. I parked midway between Random Order coffeehouse (where I got myself a latte) and collage, a perfectly wonderful little art store and home of the DIY Lounge (where I have had the pleasure of teaching). I wasn’t looking for anything in particular, so the things I bought were like little surprises!

After collage, I hopped in my car and it went into autopilot. Really. It did. “Where are we going?” I asked as I tried to apply the brakes. “You’ll see,” replied my junk-foraging Passat. We ended up at Rerun, a consignment shop on NE Fremont. My favorite find of the day came from Rerun, a funky decapitated horse head, now on display and keeping me company in my studio.


As I began my return trip to the boat, I was not in a rush, so I, or rather, my car, made me stop at a garage sale and an estate sale, both in north Portland. Of course I found a few treasures that I tossed in the trunk and added to my growing collection of goodies. It was a good day.


1 comment:

gl. said...

oh, dayna, i laughed and laughed when i read the interaction you had with your "junk-foraging Passat." ha!