Workshops

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Junk Chime



Last Saturday, Howard and I went to the Western Washington State Fair in Puyallup, Washington, with our oldest daughter, Melissa, and two of our grandkids, Luke (4) and Ella (2). The fair was great fun - I love the animals, the hucksters, the blue cotton candy, and even the rides. Howard and Melissa went on the Slingshot, a ride where they were shot straight into the air on some sort of springy coil. Not my cup of tea, but they were exhilerated and thrilled with the whole experience.






But my favorite thing of the entire fair was a contraption called the Junk Chime, a tangled mass of metal objects all interconnected through springs and welding. There were little buckets of sticks and you could just walk up and start banging and hitting the entire metal sculpture: and it was FREE! The kids loved it, the adults loved it, I LOVED IT!





And finally, I'm a grandma (known simply as "Bam" to Ella and Luke), so I've gotta post at least one photo of the grandkids on a ride! It's a requirement!

No comments: