Workshops

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Portland Love Show 6

The Portland Love Show 6 opens next Saturday, February 12th, with the traditional party and celebration. The show will be held at the Gallery Homeland (in the Ford Building), located at 2505 S.E. 11th, and will be up through February 26th (when they have yet another party). Both parties start at 7:00 pm and go until midnight. Party on. I created one of my Fearless Faces for my entry, entitled Fearless Faces No. 10: The Singing Bird Will Come. I pulled the name from a Chinese Proverb that I wrote out in full on the back of the repurposed board I used for the painting: If I keep a green bough in my heart, then the singing bird will come. I dropped off my entry on Saturday afternoon, leaving No. 10 alone on the floor. But he'll be in good company as over 300 artists are participating in this popular open call show!

2 comments:

Curious Works said...

he looked a little nervous about being left alone...hope he made some friends!

Dayna Collins said...

He DID look a little nervous being left in a strange place. I hope he made some friends and got hung next to some fun love.