Workshops

Monday, February 28, 2011

Hawaii Watercolor Journal


For our two weeks in Hawaii, I brought along a little handmade journal that I had purchased last year at ArtFest. The journal is only 5x7, so very compact and easy for travel. I brought along an assortment of watercolors, a medium I haven't used very much.



At first I thought I would use the journal for visual journaling like I've done in other journals using acrylic paint. I did the first couple of pages this way . . .


. . . but then decided I wanted to experiment more extravagantly with the watercolors. So I abandoned plans for words and ephemera in my journal, and just had fun with a variety of watercolors and a spray bottle of water. Here's a sampling of what I created over the past couple of weeks.










5 comments:

shelby said...

Love your pages! I love spraying ink and can't wait to experiment more with watercolors now! You always inspire!

stephanie brockway said...

Oh stop being such a brillant painter! lol. these are all such successful paintings... Watercolors are a perfect medium for hawaii, (that was my medium when I lived there). The sunlight is agreeing with you two...think we lost you two, to the sun and sea.

lynda Howells said...

love these..especially the last pagex lynda

Melinda Dalke said...

Wow-love the brilliant colors and all the movement! stunning Watercolors!

Bobbie said...

Your pages are wonderful!!! Plus getting to meet two new women and obviously making there day!!