Workshops

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Recovering a Sense of Power: The Artist's Way Week Three



I went to the studio early to prepare for the evening session of The Artist's Way. As I was hanging some old, unfinished pieces of art on the studio Art Line, I read a quote from one of the pieces.



My Muse is eager to instruct me in a new gamut, or gambetto,
Up, up my soul, from your lovely cantilation,
put on a timely vigour.


What a great way for me to set my focus and intention on the evening ahead. For the evening's creative project, we did Touch Drawing, a process developed by Deborah Koff-Chapin, founder of The Center for Touch Drawing. It is a simple process, but safe and non-threatening. I had the good fortune to attend a one-day workshop with Deborah at The Grotto in Portland last February, so I was able to share my experience of learning from the master. Here's a peek at our art-making:










Ooooolala! Lucious pieces of airy, artful tissue paper.

4 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

Dayna these are just lovely, what a great meeting!

Karen D said...

I just bought some supplies for Touch Drawing, I can't wait to give it a go.

Kim Palmer said...

What a fab creative time you have all had. Gorgeous colour on the tissue. you will have to post what you do with it so we can see.

Unknown said...

Oh god the colors all this with layers of tissue and paint!!