Workshops

Friday, September 4, 2009

Block Trifecta: Around the Block #1


I'm ready to send off my blocks for the first round of the swap I'm participating in, Around the Block. My blocks are wrapped in tissue and tucked safely inside a padded envelope (and festively decorated for their journey) to make their way to Sarah Fishburn in Colorado. I will be receiving three blocks from Carolyn, who lives in Illinois, sometime next week. I can't wait to see what theme she has chosen. One of the things I love about swaps and round robins is the connection with artists from all across the US.



Oh, and I want to mention that I will be teaching the first round of my newest class, Bountiful Blocks next Saturday, September 12th. If you live in or near Salem, Oregon, think about registering. The cost is only $30 and all supplies are included. Speaking of supplies, I made my way to a woodshop in Salem yesterday to scavenge for pieces of wood worthy to do art on. BINGO! And Howard has agreed to do some cutting of the longer pieces . . .







6 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

love your blocks! they remind me of my block head dolls! you know you can wax them too and it is really fun to do!!!

Karen D said...

If you ever need cross country round robin participants let me know..I don't know If I can call myself an artist, but willing to try.. HAve fun!

Bridget said...

Dayna - What an AWESOME idea - and you're doing such a great job with them . . .

Dianne Adams said...

Great art on your blocks! It looks like you hit the jackpot with your wood...wow! Good luck on your classes.

Kim Palmer said...

The blocks look wonderful Dana. great ideas! Don't you love the way art turns us all into scavengers, always looking our best when someone has a camera handy LOL! Congrats on winning Seth's zine too, lucky girl!

Bobbie said...

Can't wait to take your second class ~ These blocks look so fun and cool!! You come up with the BEST ideas!!!