Workshops

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Nisi Granum Frumenti


When I was in Tacoma last weekend, I got to see not only my daughter Melissa, but also her good friend Dana (same name as me, no y). Dana is also an artist and an amazing and tenacious junker and collector. I wrote a blog post about her vintage contemporary home earlier this summer (for a glimpse into her home, click here). Dana and I have been getting to know each other and she has figured out the kind of stuff I like, so when she stopped by on Sunday, she came bearing gifts: two yellow plastic airplanes, a box of flash cards, two bundles of pretty unique Bingo cards, and, amazingly enough, a bag of wooden Catholic rubber stamps, in Italian, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong - I've been to Italy, but don't speak, write, or read it!). I think the stamps are pretty amazing, and, I feel, blog worthy. So 1) if you know Italian and can translate, or 2) you're a Catholic and recognize any of these terms, please drop me a line with what it is I'm going around stampin' up a storm! (Oh, and please note the stamp of two nails, a crown of thorns, and the long narrow arrow.)


No comments: