Workshops

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Walking in This World: Discovering a Sense of Camaraderie


Colorful wool roving was the focus of our Tuesday night Walking in This World session. I thought it would be fun for the ladies to learn how to felt soap, something I learned last October when I attended the Portland Art Collective's fall retreat. The technique had been taught by Tory Brokenshire (who is now my friend!) and I thought for sure I had taken notes (I'm sure I did, I just can't find them). So as I was preparing for Tuesday's class, I frantically got in touch with Tory asking for her guidance and a refresher course on the process of felting wool. Tory to the rescue -- and by the end of Tuesday's group, we had each made a lovely bar of felted soap! Here's our colorful journey:










No comments: