Workshops

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I Just Can't Help Myself . . .

Okay, I'm a grandma (nicknames: Bammie, BAM for short, and Whammie, depending upon which grandchild is calling), so occasionally I have to post about my grandkids (and this is the first time I've done it, I believe). Last week I kidnapped my 4-year old grandson, Jackson, and brought him home for a few days of play like only a Whammie and grandson can have. Of course, our activities eventually turned to art (you knew they would). Jackson loves tinkering with my Caran D' Ache watersoluble wax crayons. Wanna have some fun yourself? All you do is use the crayons to draw a design, then mist half of the picture with water, fold over the paper, and viola! a beautiful piece of art. Here is Jackson creating and displaying the lovely little piece he made for his Mama and Dada. (Oh, and you can never go wrong with a touch of glitter!)



1 comment:

gl. said...

that looks like a great technique, dayna! and you're right; glitter makes everything better. :)