Workshops

Saturday, May 26, 2012

NOLA Journal: Beware of Little Sins


I have more or less finished the journal I was working on while I was in New Orleans visiting Nikki with Stephanie in April. I brought along a journal I had purchased from fellow Portland Art Collective member, Cynthia. It was perfect: a hand sewn fabric cover and filled with lovely heavy watercolor paper. However, Steph, Nik and I were so busy during our seven days in NOLA, that we didn't have much time to work on our journals; we did manage to carve out a couple of nights of messy play. Here's the progression over a couple of evenings:


When I got home, I kept at it -- a few hours here and there until I decided to call it complete (I rarely find I can call a journal complete as I always keep futzing with it).


And then, some close-ups:

4 comments:

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Absolutly stunning, Dayna.

Pam McKnight said...

Gritty and Raw, I love it!

Terry O. said...

A beautiful journal! What a great remembrance of your trip!

Kelly said...

LOVE it!!!!