Workshops

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Artfest Bound


I'm leaving for Artfest at 5:00 a.m. this morning. My alarm was set for 4:00, but I woke up around 3:00 a.m. I know I'm gonna be tired, but I also know I'll be fueled on caffeine and adrenalin, so I'm up doing a final blog post before we hit the road. Tory came over last night and we got the trailer loaded. Our beautiful trailer.




For Vendor night at Artfest, I'll be selling my Funky Junkyard Birds, some Word Angels, my Paper Remnant Journals, Fearless Faces (cards, prints, and originals), and my Shrine Kits. I've been busy getting all of this prepared and was up until 11:00 p.m. last night putting together my newest Fearless Faces cards.


Here are a few photos of my Fanciful Dream House Shrine Kits (also finished up last night). I'm not usually a procrastinator, but I'm not so sure anymore!


In addition to finishing up art for Vendor night, I took time out for a couple of beautification appointments. My hair now matches the flames on the trailer.


I guess there is an Artfest tradition of doing trades or providing gifts for your housemates. Since I didn't do trades this year, I put together a gift, which will become kind of a trade. I've wrapped up a little easel and canvas with the idea that we'll gather around the dining room table (there are seven of us sharing an officer's house at the fort) and do a Round Robin adding a bit of paint, a word or design to each other's mini canvas. Viola! A keepsake from our five days together.


Better finish getting ready; Tory will be here soon and then we're off to pick up Steph in Portland.

2 comments:

Carole Kurth said...

Hi Dayna, wish I was coming along--your birds are wonderful. Wish I could buy the one with the fancy plumed metal tail! Actually. all your goodies look great...I'd have trouble deciding, as usual! Have a great show! (any leftovers? Let your 'blog-ees' know--we'll scarf them up! Lol)

lynda Howells said...

amazing "stuff`' as usual my friend..enjoyxxx