Workshops

Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Little Confession . . . . About an Obsession


Okay, I have a confession and I'm not proud of it, but here goes. About six months ago, my friend Tory told me about a cool antique store in Camas, Washington, Camas Antiques. We tried a couple of times to get up there together, but it never panned out, so on a random weekend, I went by myself (well, not exactly by myself, Howard came along, too). When I arrived and started down the aisles, my breath was sucked right out of me. It was on a par with Monticello Antiques in Portland, which says a lot -- in some ways, it was even better (did I say that out loud?). As I walked the aisles with Howard, I remember telling him: I know it isn't right, but I'm not going to blog about this place; I want to keep it all to myself. And I didn't take any photos, I didn't share about this magical antique mall (thank heavens Tory was more generous).

Well, I returned to the store this past weekend, taking my friend Vicki along for the adventure. It was just as good as the first time, but this time around I decided to display some generosity of spirit by blogging about it. So the cat's out of the bag: Camas Antiques is an amazing place. Each booth is a little vignette of fabulous goodies - vintage, glitter, worn, shiny, random, oh, I could go on and on with words to try and describe it, but you know me, photos are so much better, so I'll just get out of the way!





























3 comments:

Tory Brokenshire said...

Dayna,Dayna,Dayna what have you done, hee hee, it's a great place!

Anonymous said...

and it was a wonderful day of visual magnificamagic. loved so much of it, especially spending time with dayna!!

vicki

Lynda Howells said...

Hax l can see why you would want to keep it secret!xHaxxlynda