Workshops

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Collage Up a Storm: A Path To Her Madness


I hosted one of my Collage Up a Storm classes on Wednesday night. I had six people register, but only five were able to attend. Within that five, I had one woman bring her 12-year old granddaughter and Bobbie, a huge supporter and taker of my classes, brought a guy friend! Other than my husband Howard taking one of my classes, Gabe was the first guy I have ever had in class -- and I think he had a great time.

If you recall, I was having camera troubles a couple of weeks ago because I had purchased a new camera and didn't know how to use it. Well, I finally read the manual and have kind of been getting the hang of the touch screen and the many functions and gadgets my new Nikon S70 has to offer. Unfortunately, I must have touched something on the screen unintentionally because when I got home to download my class photos, only six photos had recorded. Damn it. I'm sorry, Sheral, but the photo of your collage did not turn out; if you send me a photo, I'd love to post it.





Thanks, Sheral, for sending me a photo of your beautiful collage!


Because the process we use for this class is random and quickly paced, I like to play along so I can better gauge how much time we have for each step (I pull slips of paper out of a golden vessel with each slip of paper having one word written on it guiding us with what to do next, i.e., paint, smudge, draw, scratch, photo . . . etc.). This technique for doing collage is from Sally Jean Alexander's book, Pretty Little Things. (This is my piece below, done in my visual journal.)

4 comments:

Destree said...

Looks like another fun class, with crazy-beautiful results! Nicely done class!

Tory Brokenshire said...

Boy that looks like a fun class. And I love the looks of your journal, all that color.

Anonymous said...

what a fun class! love the prompts... great for when i'm stuck. thanks for sharing!! Vicki

Bobbie said...

I love mine! And Gabe had an utterly fun fun time....even being so young, art had escaped him. He definitely wants to take more of your classes.