Workshops

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Beneath the Surace - Searching For Memory: The Opening Reception


Thursday night was a RED LETTER day. It was the opening reception of my solo show, Beneath the Surface: Searching For Memory, in the Feature Area of  Guardino Gallery in Portland. Thirty pieces of my art were hung on Tuesday and Thursday night was the party. I had such a tremendous turnout that I'm still a bit verklempt. It sort of felt like an episode of This Is Your Life. Friends I went to high school with attended, members of my Salem Art Group, Portland Art Collective, and Lunaria Gallery all attended. So did friends from long ago and new friends from Facebook. Boating friends surprised me as did family members. Artist friends, former art teachers, and fellow artist classmates all came to support and cheer me on. It was truly a grand night. If you want to see dozens of photos of who all attended the party, you ca head to my art Facebook page:
Dayna J. Collins/Alley Art Studio. In the meantime, here's a glimpse of the night.







A sampling of the thirty:











2 comments:

Shonna Bucaroff said...

Congratulations Dayna! I love your work and could stare at your pieces for hours! Thanks for sharing.

queenb2u said...

Wow, Dana. What a great show, congratulations. LOve the chairs too. Wish I could have been a part of the festivities or could stop by and sign your guest book.
Beth