Workshops

Friday, January 13, 2012

Creative Explorations: Row Houses


After the craziness of December and the many shows I participated in and after making close to 200 Curious Elements, I was in need of some artful playtime. I found just what I needed in a Sunday afternoon class offered by Christy Wood at Stampin' Cat Studio . . . . Creative Explorations: Row Houses. Christy got her inspiration for the class from a couple of past issues of Cloth Paper Scissors, but of course, she put her own spin on the houses she had us create.

We started with five precut and prepared wood block houses and were set free to do whatever we pleased. Christy had some suggestions and ideas for us, but I just went off into my own world and did my own thing (now there's a surprise!).




I've never had the pleasure of taking a class with Christy before this and I had so much fun I'm already looking ahead to what she'll be offering next in her Creative Explorations series.


I didn't get my houses finished, but I sure had fun gettinggthe paper and paint foundations in place. Now I get to sort through my bins and drawers of metal bits and pieces at my studio to complete my dark little lane of houses.

5 comments:

Carole Kurth said...

Oh, I'm so glad to see these! They do have a set of houses waiting for me, so I'll be able to make some. Glad you had fun.

stephanie brockway said...

I still have that CPS article! We all love the house shape! fun

Stampin'Cat said...

What a fantastic post! Thank you and I'm so happy you enjoyed the class!

lynda Howells said...

love your houses but then you always produce such amazing work. What a lucky lady you are to have so many other talented artists around youxxenjoy your next coursexxlynda

Christy said...

So glad you enjoyed the class. What a great post - Thanks!!