Workshops

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Salem Art Group: Play Day


Art play day. My Salem Art Group gathered in the studio space of our local art store, The Art Department, for a full day of doing whatever we wanted. A bonus was having the ability to jump up and shop or wander through the store for inspiration whenever we wanted. Thank you, Katy, for opening the store space for our use!



Our group getting set up.


We started our day with show 'n tell and then moved into working on our individual projects: clay, monoprinting, felting, collaging, and painting.











It was a day of painting Fearless Faces for me. I didn't start any new faces, but I was definitely able to futz with and move along six existing ones.


3 comments:

amy of studio four corners said...

what a great day - and so interesting to see other types of work in progress...does cross-pollination occur?!

karen said...

i am sure that some cross pollination would happen too! What a fun beautiful day-thx for sharing. I've never thought of inviting my creative sewing friend to studio time, maybe it's time to get out of the box...

Carole Kurth said...

I didn't know Joanna Price was in your group! I've had classes w/ her at Greenbaum's--she's great at mixed media classes. What a fun day for all of you. sometime you might do a round-robin day...each person start w/ a canvas...do 'their' thing to it for 1/2 hour, then rotate to the next person for their application and skill and so on. At the end of the day, what a fun piece of art you'd take home!