Workshops

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

End of an Era


Alley Art Studio is relocating and I've begun the arduous task of dismantling a one-bedroom house devoted entirely to studio space (and the display and storage of a crazy amount of bits and pieces). I'm moving the studio home, a new home to us, a 1926 beauty in central Salem. I rarely have made enough on a month-to-month basis to pay rent on my studio space, but that's been one of the perks of sleeping with the landlord. It's a bittersweet time. I've loved my studio, also affectionately known as my playhouse, but I'm looking forward to being able to work whenever I want, and in my jammies if creative inspiration strikes late at night. On Christmas night, my sweet husband gave up on a Christmas movie to help me pack up a portion of the studio (portion being the operative word). And so it begins . . . a transition.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Of course, thee will be a grand garage sale in the spring.

6 comments:

Carole Kurth said...

oh this is good/bad/sweet/bittersweet!

hope I'm recuperated enough by then to come see all your 'treats'!

thank you for the beautiful encouraging card.
I treasure your friendship.

Rebeca Trevino said...

congrats! i often think having the studio at home would be awesome. cant wait to see pictures of your new space.

gl. said...

oh my goodness! hard to imagine! i always wished i could have seen it.

by Jami said...

difficult - I know. But I have no doubt you will thoroughly enjoy setting up the new studio.

MB Shaw said...

So glad I got to see your Playhouse. I know that you will completely transform the new space into exactly what you need :)
Happy New Year!!!

Lynda Howells said...

Having just done the same......it is not easy but you do feel better when it is all over!Haxx I have done it the other way round...from home to a studio!xxlynda