Workshops

Monday, July 13, 2009

Preparing a Place


I’ve been doing a lot of painting lately, not on canvas, but on walls, the walls of my new art studio! I wrote about this opportunity back on June 9th in my Pinch Me post. I took possession of the little house last Tuesday and have been madly preparing the space since then. I’ve patched, puttied, and sanded my way around the house, then started painting over the weekend. My dear husband brought in his paint sprayer and was able to cover a lot of territory quickly! I still have the bathroom and all of the inside trim to paint, also the outside trim and doors, but it’s coming together and very soon I’ll be able to show off the little place in before and after photos. For now, though, just before pictures.



5 comments:

Karen D said...

Love the colors - especially the green, so soothing... Best of luck in your new studio.

Caterina Giglio said...

lookin good! cannot wait to see the reveal!!!

Destree said...

It's fun watching the little place transform. The kids' are really getting a kick out of having you as our "neighbor"....

Carol Wiebe said...

Fabulous, fabulous! Never mind a room of your own . . . you've got the whole house!

When it's all done, I hope you will give us a camcorder tour, like the real estate people do!

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Dayna!
I have been waiting for the big reveal of your new studio! As soon as you get the house finished you will be doing lots of art!! can't wait to see it all! caterina