Workshops

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Peace and Joy


One of my favorite blogs, Pomegranates and Paper, is hosted by the talented artist, Loretta. A short while ago, Loretta had a little contest where all you had to do was post a comment at her site. That was easy enough because I love her blog and it was my pleasure to post a comment telling her so.


Well, during a recent family emergency and in the midst of a lot of stress, I received an e-mail from Loretta informing me that I had been chosen as winner #3, which meant I was to receive an original watercolor from Loretta! It arrived in the mail yesterday. I ripped off the mailing envelope to discover a little square wrapped in old world atlas tissue paper. Yesterday was a kinda busy day as I was preparing for a workshop I was to conduct in the evening, so instead of just tearing away the paper, I put the little wrapped package on a chair in my den to be savored until the time was right to open it. That time came this morning when Amy, one of my daughter's, made an unexpected visit. Since she is a great lover of art (and supporter of me), I chose this morning to open my gift. As I gently tore away the tissue, we both sucked in our breath and collectively exhaled while saying, "Oh, it's beautiful!"


Thank you, Loretta, I love my little angel of Peace and Joy.

2 comments:

gl. said...

"...so instead of just tearing away the paper, I put the little wrapped package on a chair in my den to be savored until the time was right to open it."

oh, dayna, that's so inspiring! i'm impressed with your patience and sense of timing.

Anonymous said...

Oh Dayna, I'm so happy that you love my little angel. It's so nice to think of her in your studio. I'm sorry that I never saw your comment on the blog! I'm just relieved that you got her and that it wasn't lost somewhere between the coasts.

Have a very, very happy New Year!!